General Terms & Conditions
Building Bridges is a powerful movement gathering people and organizations that aims to shape the global sustainable finance agenda and accelerate the transition to a global economic model aligned with the needs of a sustainable and just society. Building Bridges primarily targets finance leaders, the United Nations, international organizations, NGOs, academia and public institutions.
Building Bridges Summit, Building Bridges Week and Building Bridges Village (the “Events”) are currently organized by Sustainable Finance Geneva, a Swiss association within the meaning of Articles 60 and seq. of the Swiss civil code, headquartered at Avenue de la Praille 50, 1227 Carouge, Switzerland and registered under number CHE-113.957.729 in the Geneva commercial register (“SFG”).
These general terms and conditions (the “General Terms”) apply to and govern attendance to the Events. By registering to or attending any of the Events, the participant (the “Participant”) acknowledges that she/he is of legal age to enter into an agreement and that she/he has read, understood, and unconditionally agreed to the General Terms.
The Participant is responsible to comply with these General Terms during the Events. The Participant shall indemnify and hold SFG and its employees, officers and directors harmless from and against all losses, costs, liabilities, claims and damages resulting from or relating to breach of these General Terms by the Participant.
Should SFG believe that the Participant acts in violation of these General Terms, SFG can immediately suspend or cancel the Participant’s account on the Portal (as defined below) and the Participant’s right to attend the Events. Any other available legal remedies are reserved.
The Participant recognizes and acknowledges that SFG’s liability for the claims with respect to the General Terms is limited to the registration fees paid by the Participant for the tickets to the Events, to the extent legally permitted. SFG does not accept liability for any consequential damages and undertakes no liability for acts or omissions of third parties.
- REGISTRATION TO THE EVENTS
The Events are composed of:
- Building Bridges Summit: limited to Participants invited by an Inviting Organization (as defined below), with no registration fee.
- Building Bridges Week: open to the public (direct registration) with registration fee. Guests may also be invited by an Inviting Organization with no registration fee.
Registration to the Events is managed through an online platform created and administered by SFG (the “Portal”). The registration of a Participant to an Event is initiated either:
- By a sponsor, partner or event organizer (the “Inviting Organization“) who invites the Participant to an Event and enters the Participant’s details in the Portal. When the Participant is invited by an Inviting Organization, there is no registration fee;
- By the Participant (when not invited by an Inviting Organization) who registers directly on the Portal (accessible through Building Bridges’ website at https://registration.buildingbridges.org) by creating an account and providing the requested information. The Participant registering for Building Bridges Week (the “Week“) will have to buy a ticket through the Portal.
When the Participant directly registers for the Week (as per (ii) above), the following applies:
- By registering for the Week and validating her/his order of tickets, the Participant shall be deemed to have confirmed firmly and definitely her/his wish to attend the Week, in accordance with these General Terms.
- The registration fees for the tickets will be in CHF and all tax included, unless expressly stated otherwise.
- The total price of the tickets is immediately due for payment and payment shall be made according to the terms set out on the Portal.
- Upon payment of the registration fee, SFG will confirm the Participant’s order, the full registration fees along with the payment terms and will send the ticket(s) at the e-mail address specified by the Participant when placing the purchase order.
- No registration will be validated without full payment of the registration fees specified in the purchase order.
SFG reserves the right to request additional information and documents from the Participant if SFG decides necessary in its discretion. The Participant confirms that all the data provided on the Portal is accurate and complete. SFG shall not, in any way, be held accountable for the information communicated by the Participant that would be false or fraudulent.
Any access to the Events is subject to the prior approval of SFG. In particular, SFG will verify that the Participant meets the conditions of access to the Events. SFG is entitled to set a limit to the number of tickets that a Participant can purchase depending on the venue capacity, or in order to prevent misuse of the Portal and unfair ticket purchasing.
The right to participate in an Event is not transferrable.
The Participant’s account on the Portal is personal and the Participant should not provide her/his login information to any third parties. If the Participant suspects any unauthorized use of her/his login information, she/he must immediately inform SFG by using the contact details provided in Clause 6 below. SFG reserves the right to suspend the Participant’s account on the Portal in case of any suspicion of fraudulent use.
- CODE OF CONDUCT DURING EVENTS
Each Participant shall refrain from discriminatory conducts and disruptive behaviour during the Events, including behaviours which may endanger the health or safety of other Participants or would be detrimental to the rights or other interests of SFG and other stakeholders, including but not limited to the reputation and image of Building Bridges, of the other Participants and more generally of the activity and events organized by SFG.
Audio or video reproductions of the Events are not allowed without prior written authorization of SFG.
The Participant must comply with any instructions issued by SFG in the context of the Events.
- COVID-19 MEASURES
In accordance with the public restrictions in force at the time of the Events, SFG is entitled to:
- Grant access to the Events only to the Participants who provide appropriate proof of a negative result of a COVID-19 test or of a complete vaccination against COVID-19;
- Refuse the access to the Events to Participants who were in contact with COVID-19 cases within a certain period of time, are under quarantine or present symptoms of sickness;
- Require the Participants to wear a face mask during the Event;
- Enforce any other measure, as may be required or advised by public authorities.
This clause applies likewise to any other sanitary condition which may exist at the time of an Event.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL
A Participant has the right to cancel her/his attendance to an Event at any time by indicating she/he wishes to cancel in the Portal. Tickets to the Week are non-refundable. Once purchased, the participant will not have the possibility of getting a refund if she/he cancels her/his attendance.
- FORCE MAJEURE
SFG reserves the right, in its discretion, to postpone or cancel the Events, without any rights of reimbursement or damages claim for the Participant, in particular in case of a force majeure event (including but not limited to fire, floods, earthquakes, other natural disasters, lockdown measures decided by the authorities, legal or governmental restrictions, terrorist attacks, riots or civil disturbances, explosions, war, strikes, public regulations resulting in the cancellation of the Events) which impact the regular organisation of the Events.
- DATA PROTECTION
SFG acts as data controller in relation to Participants’ personal data collected and processed through the Portal, respectively during Participants’ attendance to the Events.
By registering to an Event, the Participant agrees to be photographed during her/his participation to the Events and accepts that the pictures be published on SFG’s or Building Bridges’ website, social media and advertising materials. If the Participant refuses to be photographed, she/he should inform SFG in writing prior to her/his attendance to the Events by using the contact details provided in Clause 6 below.
For further information, please consult the Privacy Notice available at https://www.buildingbridges.org/legal-notice.
For questions in relation to these General Terms or Events, please contact SFG at:
Address: Sustainable Finance Geneva
Avenue de la Praille, 50
1227, Carouge, Suisse
The unenforceability or invalidity of any provision of these General Terms shall not affect the enforceability or validity of the rest of it.
The English version of these General Terms shall govern in case of any conflict with a non-English version. The communications between the Participant and SFG shall be in English.
- AMENDMENTS TO THE GENERAL TERMS
SFG reserves the right to change these General Terms at its discretion. Any material change will be communicated to the Participant through the Portal or by any other means deemed appropriate by SFG.
- GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
These General Terms shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with Swiss law, at the exclusion of conflict of law rules. Any dispute arising out of, or in connection to these General Terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Geneva.