VOLUNTEER AT BUILDING BRIDGES 2021!
Building Bridges is a week-long sustainable finance conference focused on bringing together diverse stakeholders to accelerate the transition to a sustainable economic system aligned with the vision put forth in the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement.
The first edition of Building Bridges took place in October 2019 and was highly successful, leading to momentum in the Swiss and international communities. We are now building off of that momentum to take more concrete action in the 2021 edition, which will take place November 29 – December 2. It will feature 77 events on sustainable finance, a marquee summit and a networking village. It is expected to attract over 2,000 attendees from the finance industry, the United Nations, governments, NGOs, academia and more.
We are seeking a large group of volunteers to support Building Bridges Week and Summit.
- Learning – Building Bridges will cover the most recent and cutting-edge developments related to sustainability and finance. It is a great opportunity to learn more about this space from leading expert
- Networking – The initiative is supported by a wide array of partners and all will be in attendance. It is a great way to meet new people whether it be business leaders from financial institutions, social entrepreneurs from developing countries, UN leaders and governmental representatives, NGOs, researchers and thought leaders. In addition, you will have the opportunity to meet other volunteers who, like you, are motivated by the desire to make a positive impact and accelerate the transition to a more sustainable and equitable financial system.
- Recognition – All volunteers will be recognized in several ways:
Each volunteer will receive a certificate and letter recognizing their efforts and contributions.
A volunteer page will be featured on our website and in the final report summarizing Building Bridges 2021.
Volunteers who summarize session content will be published in the summary report and on social media.
WHAT DO VOLUNTEERS DO?
We have a range of roles for volunteers, they roughly fit into two categories:
- Event-focused activities such as managing the registration and check-in process, providing information, scanning COVID passes, and running the cloakroom.
- Content-focused activities such as managing the rooms where sessions take place and taking notes or summarizing content.
Each volunteer will do a mix of these activities depending on their availability and schedule. Anyone who signs up for at least 1 full day of volunteering will be guaranteed to spend at least a half-day on content-focused activities (i.e. in sessions).
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Any students or other individuals interested in volunteering simply need to fill out this form no later than November 1, 2021. In the form, you will indicate how many days you are willing to volunteer and your availability during the week. This will be used to make you a custom schedule. Any questions about the Building Bridges Volunteer Program can be directed to Maxime Zufferey at firstname.lastname@example.org