Building Bridges is seeking Communications Interns to support the planning of the 2023 edition that will take place on 2-5 October in Geneva. The Communications Interns will work from May 1 to October 31 and develop content for the communication channels of the initiative. These six-month internships are paid; the exact offer will depend on the profile of the candidate.
Building Bridges is an open and collaborative effort that aims to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable economy in Switzerland and abroad. To this end, Building Bridges promotes the finance community’s contribution to realizing the SDGs. The initiative provides a forum for discussion and cooperation among financial and other private sector actors and institutions, public authorities, international organizations, as well as not-for-profit and academic stakeholders dedicated to achieving the transition to a financial system that is fit for the future.
Duties, Responsibilities, and Output Expectations
Reporting to the Building Bridges Head of Communications, Interns will:
- Draft content for social media channels (Twitter, Linkedin)
- Identify key influencers on social media and ways to improve audiences
- Update web pages on WordPress
- Update and publish content on the mobile application BB-Connect
- Prepare social media cards (Canva) and Powerpoint presentations
- Publish videos on YouTube
- Draft content and prepare visuals for the newsletter (Mailchimp)
- Provide support for online events (through the BigMarker platform)
- Update statistics for communications channels
- Update lists on the database
- Contribute to the preparation of promotional documents
- Conduct research and tracking of the latest developments related to sustainable finance that may be relevant to the initiative
- Carry out any other ad hoc or communications tasks, as may be required to support the 2023 edition
- Manage general inboxes and contact forms
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate has a/is:
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, able to take initiative and work in situations of uncertainty
- Organized and detail-oriented, but capable of managing detail in the context of the “big picture” (milestones, outcomes)
- A strong ability to multitask and be conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results. Takes ownership of all responsibilities and is a self-starter
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Diplomatic and a team-player, single-minded in working towards compromise to achieve objectives
- Genuine interest in sustainability and finance
- Comfortable working with all levels of seniority across industry sectors
Your experience and qualifications:
- University degree (complete or in progress) in communications, finance, economics, international relations, development studies, political science, intergovernmental affairs, or a related field
- Previous experience in communications or marketing
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively in English (fluency in French an advantage)
- Proficiency with technology including basic tech tools and online tools such as WordPress, Canva, Mailchimp, SurveyMonkey, Social Media, etc.
- A strong ability to multitask and be conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results. Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to collaborate and work with a wide range of individuals at varying levels of seniority and subject-matters
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
What We Offer
- Remuneration in-line with industry standards
- An exceptional opportunity to be involved at the heart of the sustainable finance and SDG finance ecosystem in Switzerland and internationally, and to learn about and to meet a broad range of players that are leaders in their field and determined to see the financial sector evolve towards maximizing impact towards achieving the SDGs
- A unique opportunity to learn about the fast-evolving sector of sustainable finance
Please complete the application form and attach your CV by April 6, 2023. For additional questions, please contact Nora Sada, Head of Communications.